WELCOME TO (YUNA) YOUTH OF UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION - TANZANIA
Youth of the United Nations Association (YUNA) is a youth led non governmental organization that works to promote the work (values and principles) of United Nations (UN) and its further objectives in the country. Activities conducted by the organization focus on bridging the gap and bring young people closer to United Nations-UN in Tanzania. YUNA was founded in 1996 as the youth wing of UNA Tanzania but it was registered as a NGO in 2005 and has maintained the “youth wing” status with UNA Tanzania.
YUNA Tanzania is a member-based organization and to-date has succeeded maintains over thousands members in the country due to UN Chapters (UNC) in universities and colleges and UN Clubs (UNCTN) in secondary school within the country and outgoing school members.
● Health (Sexual Reproductive Health and Gender Equality)
● Environment (Role of youth in Climate change and Environment sector)
● Education (Ensure access to education and Knowledge through formal and non–formal sector to young
● Civic Engagement (Enhance youth participation in Civic processes and awareness on good governance,
Human Rights, Accountability and leadership
● Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) particular youth consultations in Tanzania,
● WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene)
● Economic empowerment
As the Youth of United Nations Association – Tanzania, our organization has partnered with a range of local and international organizations to further our mission of promoting sustainable development, human rights, and peace. Our partners include other youth-led organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government agencies, academic institutions, and private sector companies who share our vision for creating positive social change. Through our partnerships, we are able to collaborate on initiatives, share resources and expertise, and amplify our collective impact in Tanzania and beyond. We value our partners and are committed to building strong, long-lasting relationships with them to achieve our shared goals.